Check out our top 5 events and activities to add to your family calendar for the month of May 2021. These family-friendly events are located in San Diego's North County, are often FREE or low-cost, and may require registration. We don't want you to miss out so we are highlighting them for you!
- Jurassic Quest Great Big Dino Playdate: You can celebrate International Dinosaur Day with Jurassic Quest's lovable team of dino babies and their trainers, who will host virtual free play sessions all day long! June 1, Virtual, FREE, Register Online.
- Storytime & Animal Feedings on the Farm: Sand N' Straw Community Farm is hosting storytime and animal feedings at their adorable community farm every Thursday. June 3, 10, 17, 24, Vista, FREE, $10/activity, reserve your time slot and pay for your tickets online.
- San Diego County Fair: Home Grown Fun: Includes you fair favorites: shopping, food concessionaires, a Ferris wheel and carousel, agricultural-themed exhibits, demonstrations, contests, and “edu-tainment” designed to educate and delight families looking to get outside for some real-life, in-person and down-home fun. June 11-July 4, Children 5 and younger FREE, Ages 6+ $10/person, Del Mar, purchase tickets online.
- Creative Communal Market at The Vineyard 1924: Join this Shop Small Summer Series hosted by the Creative Communal Maker's Market which includes: Local Makers, Live Music, Good Grub, Family Fun, and Estate Grown Wine and Sangria (my personal fave). The June Market will include face painting for the kiddos and a special visit from Simon the Llama! June 12, Fallbrook- Just show up, FREE.
- Summer in Bloom LIVE BUTTERFLY ENCOUNTER- A beautiful Summer Garden and Instagram Garden will be created in the area between lululemon and Paper Source. Inside the Garden Area, everyone is welcome to visit with live butterflies. Bring the family for an educational and inspiring tour and get up close and personal with these magical winged creatures. Representatives will be on hand to guide tours and answer questions about the lifecycle and conservation of these beautiful pollinators. June 19-27, FREE, Carlsbad.